Bass Island Line (BIL) is committed to delivering a reliable and responsive shipping service for the people of King Island.
As part of our commitment to customers and stakeholders, BIL has today relaunched its website.
The new website makes it easier for customers and stakeholders to navigate, with easily-accessible information via a main menu across the top and large buttons on the home page.
The shipping schedules, booking information and Terms and Conditions of Carriage are all more prominently featured so they are easier for customers to find.
The new website also contains more information and is much more visually appealing. New features of the website include:
- Separate northbound and southbound sailing schedules (on the Schedule page).
- More information about the services BIL offers (on the Services page).
- A current weather update for King Island and Devonport.
- A one-click button to sign up for the latest BIL updates.
- An archive of all previous BIL Updates (on the Updates page).
- Information about the vessel.
The website address remains unchanged. So you can still visit the site at https://bassislandline.com.au/
The parent company of BIL – TasPorts – has released its latest Annual Report. This is available on the TasPorts website. Just click on the button the left-hand side of the home page:
The report gives a good overview of what TasPorts achieved across Tasmania during the last financial year. It includes important information about BIL.
TasPorts’ role is to manage, operate and develop ports in Tasmania. The Annual Report highlights how TasPorts is achieving that.
The current season
BIL is pleased to report that it is meeting all known demand for the current Spring season. Customers are invited to get in touch to discuss their needs.
Customers can contact BIL to discuss their requirements by calling 1300 038 228.
The next three sailings are as follows:
- Saturday 21 October: General cargo – Depart Devonport 1pm.
- Sunday 22 October: General cargo – Depart Grassy 1.30pm
- Monday 23 October: combined general cargo and livestock – Depart Stanley 11pm