Three months on
Today marks three months since Bass Island Line (BIL) began operating the shipping service to King Island on 7 April 2017.
During that time, BIL has:
- Ensured that all booked cargo was delivered to King Island promptly.
- Completed 78 voyages to and from King Island.
- Moved 907 general containers to date plus 251 loaded fertiliser containers.
- Met the fertiliser task in time for the seasonal break, as promised.
- Successfully undertaken 30 livestock sailings out of Grassy to mainland Tasmania.
- Moved around 4950 head of cattle from King Island to Tasmania
Over the past three months BIL has remained responsive to community needs. That is why BIL:
- Continues to seek a vessel to replace the current vessel, the Investigator II
- Increased the number of sailings per week.
- Leased additional containers and placed them into the supply chain.
- Pro-actively opened the port of Grassy on Sunday on three occasions.
- Worked with experts and the crew to significantly increase the capacity of the Investigator II.
- Communicated regularly with King Island customers and other stakeholders.
A replacement vessel
As planned, Investigator II will be replaced. BIL continues to explore the available options. We will keep you informed with updates as they become available.
For bookings, please call BIL on 1300 038 228.
For further information and the shipping schedule, please visit the BIL website at www.bassislandline.com.au